What is a leaking brain caused from mainly?
Many things contribute to leaky brain syndrome, but probably the main cause is the Standard American Diet.
Regularly eating refined sugars, starchy carbs, and heavily processed foods harm the integrity of the blood-brain barrier, causing it to become “leaky.” Sugars and refined carbs also cause systemic inflammation, which itself can cause the tight junctions to become more permeable, allowing dangerous substances into the brain’s fragile environment.
Studies show gluten, a protein present in wheat, can make the tight junctions more permeable.
What are additional causes of this syndrome?
Here are a few other causes of leaky brain:
● Stress: Research indicates acute stress activates inflammatory cells in the body, leading to permeability of the blood-brain barrier.
● Environmental Toxins: Constant exposure to environmental toxins promotes it. These toxins are so common you probably don’t even know you’re being exposed. These toxins are in your household cleaning supplies. They’re in the pesticides and herbicides sprayed on the foods you eat. They are in the air you breathe. You cannot totally escape environmental toxins. The best you can do is try to reduce your exposure to them.
● Chronically Low Levels of Brain-Boosting Nutrients: Most people in the U.S. are deficient in these 4 critical nutrients that protect the blood-brain barrier and help prevent neurological inflammation.
○ Folate: This nutrient is essential for proper cognitive function. Unfortunately, most people are deficient in folate either because they cannot absorb it or they do not get enough through their diets.
○ Citicoline: This nutrient is vital to brain health and has brain-boosting properties. However, you would have to eat more than a dozen eggs per day to receive the amount of citicoline your brain needs, which is the reason why most people are deficient in this nutrient. Studies show taking citicoline and folate together is critical for brain health!)
○ CoQ10: This nutrient sparks energy production in every cell of your body, particularly your heart and your brain. Not all CoQ10 supplements are created equal, however. You need to make sure you’re selecting a product that is fully bioavailable with a 24-hour timed release so that it gives you around-the-clock protection.
○ L-Carnitine: This nutrient sets fire to the energy CoQ10 brings into your cells. Take CoQ10 and L-Carnitine together in correct dosages.