Recipe: Peacock Vegetables
Bright, bold and delicious produce—corn, beans, tomatoes, zucchini and more—flavor these fresh vegetable recipes for appetizers, main dishes, salads, and sides.
Such a well-rounded dish to add to your summer bbq and/or potluck with family and friends.
Packed with vitamins, minerals, herbs and healthy fats.
- 2 medium red onions, cut into eighths
- 2 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 3 red, yellow and/or green sweet peppers, sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a 13x9x2-inch baking pan, combine the vegetables and garlic. Set aside.
- In a screw-top jar, combine the parsley, vinegar, oil, oregano, salt and black pepper. Shake well. Pour over the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring twice.
Recipe and photo complimentary of midwestliving.com