Studies show gluten, a protein present in wheat, can make the tight junctions more permeable.
What are additional causes of this syndrome?
Here are a few other causes of leaky brain:
- Stress: Research indicates acute stress activates inflammatory cells in the body, leading to permeability of the blood-brain barrier.
- Environmental Toxins: Constant exposure to environmental toxins promotes it. These toxins are so common you probably don’t even know you’re being exposed. These toxins are in your household cleaning supplies. They’re in the pesticides and herbicides sprayed on the foods you eat. They are in the air you breathe. You cannot totally escape environmental toxins. The best you can do is try to reduce your exposure to them.
- Chronically Low Levels of Brain-Boosting Nutrients: Most people in the U.S. are deficient in these 4 critical nutrients that protect the blood-brain barrier and help prevent neurological inflammation.
- Folate: This nutrient is essential for proper cognitive function. Unfortunately, most people are deficient in folate either because they cannot absorb it or they do not get enough through their diets.
- Citicoline: This nutrient is vital to brain health and has brain-boosting properties. However, you would have to eat more than a dozen eggs per day to receive the amount of citicoline your brain needs, which is the reason why most people are deficient in this nutrient. Studies show taking citicoline and folate together is critical for brain health!)
- CoQ10: This nutrient sparks energy production in every cell of your body, particularly your heart and your brain. Not all CoQ10 supplements are created equal, however. You need to make sure you’re selecting a product that is fully bioavailable with a 24-hour timed release so that it gives you around-the-clock protection.
- L-Carnitine: This nutrient sets fire to the energy CoQ10 brings into your cells. Take CoQ10 and L-Carnitine together in correct dosages.
HOW DO I GO ABOUT FIXING MY LEAK?
Eat High-Quality Foods: The best way to aid in fixing up your leaky brain is through proper nutrition. Reduce your consumption of heavily processed foods, refined sugars, and starchy carbs. Add more whole foods to your diet.
The SANE Diet provides the nutrition you need to support a strong blood-brain barrier and to fix it. The 4 SANE food groups are non-starchy vegetables, nutrient-dense proteins, whole-food fats, and low-fructose fruits. Choose foods close to their natural states.
SANE foods fill you up quickly, keep you full for hours, and stabilize blood sugar levels. This protects your blood-brain barrier.
Reduce Stress: Lowering your stress levels needs to be a priority. There are many ways to do this. Meditate. Practice Yoga or TaiChi. Take a walk in the park. Go to the movies with friends. Do something nice for a stranger without expecting anything in return (not even a “thank you.”) You’ll be surprised how good this will make you feel. All of these — and anything else you enjoy doing — will lower your stress levels.
Reduce Exposure to Toxins: Switch to natural household cleaners, air fresheners, and dryer sheets. Vacuum your floors daily using a HEPA filter in your vacuum. Eat organic foods. Avoid plastic water bottles.
Take SANE Vitaae: This new anti-aging, brain-boosting nutraceutical is the first clinically proven formulation created to heal neurological inflammation. It contains all 4 of the brain-boosting super nutrients — folate, citicoline, CoQ10, and L-carnitine — in the correct combinations and dosages you need to heal any neurological inflammation that has occurred.
What are your next steps?
Now you are prepared to move on. Let’s help you break free from the yo-yo dieting rollercoaster by balancing your hormones and lowering your body’s setpoint weight? Take charge of your anti inflammatory gut brain axis health asap!
Want to know the exact foods and serving sizes that are scientifically proven by over 1,300 peer-reviewed research studies to boost metabolism, burn fat and enjoy virtually effortless weight loss like a naturally thin person?
Download the free SANE metabolism boosting food list, cheat sheet and “Eat More, Burn More” weight loss program by clicking here .